It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG - Can we swap content of "Description" and "Content/Primary Text" with export and import CSV method

Pradeep Yaramati (11) | asked Apr 28 '23, 1:59 a.m.
edited Apr 28 '23, 5:14 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.2k33646)

Hi,

I have a module and want to swap the contents of Description with Content/Primary text.

I created a view with required fields (ID, Name, Description, Content)
Exported the view as csv
Edited the csv to swap the content of description and content
Imported the csv in this module

i am getting the below error:
The comma-separated values (CSV) file or spreadsheet cannot be imported.
hide details
ID CRRRW7571E  This error can occur for several reasons. For example, you might not have permission to import an artifact type that is in the file, a row or resource might be locked by someone else, or the file might not meet the requirements to be imported. For instance, one or more rows might contain a type that is not in the type system. It's also possible that an incoming link cannot be created in another component because it is a baseline or requires a change set. Update the file, the type system, your user permissions, or all of these items. Also, confirm that the components allow the creation of outgoing links. If incoming links are being created in other components that require change sets, create a change set in the other component and add that change set to a personal stream along with the current stream or change set. To learn more about the CSV format or spreadsheets and importing CSV files or spreadsheets, see the product documentation in IBM Knowledge Center.
Errors were received while importing the CSV file or spreadsheet:

Validation Errors:
Row Number: 7
Error Message: CRRRS4212E The server encountered an exception: null

when i added Primary Text column to view, I am not able to export the csv with both contents and primary text.

Can any one please help me how to achieve this. There are hundreds of artifacts for which I need to swap data of Description and Content

Thanks in advance!

Pradeep.

Comments
Pradeep Yaramati commented Apr 28 '23, 2:19 a.m. | edited Apr 28 '23, 3:56 a.m.

When i try to edit the content and description manually I am able to edit and swap the data of Description into Content and Content data into Description.

But, my problem is in my current module I have more than 500+ artifacts and I can't edit one by one and similarly I have multiple modules.

2 answers

permanent link
Bhagath P B (3888) | answered Apr 28 '23, 2:48 a.m.

Hi Pradeep,

I would suggest you to raise a support case.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Apr 28 '23, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 28 '23, 3:53 a.m.

Hi

> Edited the csv to swap the content of description and content

You need to be careful not to unintentiionally modify the metadata below the rows of content - this tells DOORS Next what was exported and is used on re-import. Also make sure if you exported from a view of a module that you import back into the module.

Literally all you need to do is swap the column headings in the CSV/XLS file, and not change anything else. I just tried this and it moved the Primary Text<>Description as expected.

If using configuraiton management it's a good idea to do the import into a changeset so you can discard if the result isn't what you want.

Comments
Pradeep Yaramati commented Apr 28 '23, 4:06 a.m.

Hi Ian Barnard,

I did tried by changing/swap the column headings of the Primary Text and Description, but still i am getting the same error as mentioned in main post.
What role one should have to do this, I have Administrator and Team Member role for this RM project and I am using 6.0.6.1 version of CLM.

I really appreciate if could you please share me the work instructions how you are able to do this? It really helps me to avoid lot of manual work.

Thanks in advance.

Ian Barnard commented Apr 28 '23, 4:13 a.m. | edited Apr 28 '23, 4:14 a.m.
FYI 6.0.6.1 is out of support.

I used 7.0.2SR1, would expect this to work in 6.0.6.1: - create a simplest-possible view of the module with Primary Content and Description columns, export to CSV, open CSV in Notepad++ and swap the primary content/description column headings on line 1 without changing anything else, import the CSV back to the same module.

Try re-importing the unmodified file, does that work? If not create a suppoort case as Bhagath suggested.

If reimporting the unmodified CSV works, then the problem is something to do with your modifications. You are using CSV aren't you?

You are using CSV aren't you - this may not work using XLS/XLSX because Primary text can have formatting/bullets which may not import to Description.

Ian Barnard commented Apr 28 '23, 5:05 a.m.

Did you check if there's anything wrong with the row mentioned in the error message -  row 7

Pradeep Yaramati commented Apr 28 '23, 5:25 a.m.

Thank you for your quick support Ian, i am able to import back the unmodified csv but not modified one.

As per your and Bhagath's suggestion, will create support case and take this forward.

Thanks once again. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.