It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why Proposed type of snapshot "Proposed Start Date = Date when snapshot is taken"

Lalasa Pativada (26) | asked Apr 20, 1:50 p.m.

I have a project area with Formal Project Management Process template. When I created the snapshot following unexpected behaviours are noticed: 

• I have a plan with existing workitem (task). 
  • For a task which is supposed begun in the past (As per planned start date), I have changed the effective estimate and took snapshot with type "proposed". 
  • Why is proposed snapshot changes the proposed start date to today's date (Date of taking snapshot). 

How do I prevent this ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lalasa Pativada (26) | answered Apr 20, 2:05 p.m.

Actual purpose of "proposed start date" is to track the extended estimate of a workitem after changing/extending the effective estimate.

If we want to find the actual start date of the workitem we will need to refer to "planned start date" field.
Hence, we can say this is the expected behaviour to change the Proposed Start Date to Date on which the proposed snapshot is taken.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.