It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 703 errors after service restart.

Michael Sweger (131) | asked Apr 22, 12:53 p.m.
DNG 703 trial installed.  When I get timeout errors doing a delete on a module that won't delete, I stop and restart the the service.  I've followed the instructions to have ELMS start and stop as a windows service vs. using the batch file.

The following is what I noticed.
a). Selecting in the service in the windows task manager and doing a "restart" only causes the ELMS server to be stopped. It will not start itself. This services was setup for a delayed start. 
b). After manually starting the service and waiting a little bit for things to settle down (or else one gets failed to connect trying to log in). Then I may get the login screen or I get the following error. Not sure why mail isn't activated. I have no license of this, nor is the laptop connected to a mailserver since I work at home and have no mail server to connect to.
If DNG wants to send me email (since my account has my email address) it should go to the bit bucket.
So how to fix this?

Error 503: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.internal.FetchLoggedInContribService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.IMailerService", failed to be activated.

If I wait a little bit and do a brower (firefox) refresh, and wait while it says loading, it will then not reprompt me to login in, but login me in and display All projects screen. So it logged me behind the scenes due to my attempt above.

Thus, the error above is a nuisance thing that'd I'd like to get rid of.

Comments
Carol Watson commented Apr 22, 1:20 p.m.

We're on 7.0.2 and get that same error if we attempt to log on before the servers are fully up and running.  We've timed it and it takes around six minutes, which is far longer than what we experienced with 6.0.6.1.  

One answer

permanent link
Michael Sweger (131) | answered Apr 22, 1:29 p.m.

The the other issue is that the windows service won't restart when selected. It stops but won't start itself. One has to manually start it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.