It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 703 Import/export MSoft Word smart Art via RTF or docx.

Michael Sweger (131) | asked Apr 24, 3:12 p.m.
DNG 703.
I have a requirements document that uses Msoft smart art to draw the requirements structure. I would like DNG to retain the smart art without converting it to a static picture since I'd like to export the DNG module back to an RTF or DOCx so I can edit the smart art should the requirement (sub)section structure change. Currently, I don't know how to stop the conversions.   This is similar to importing and exporting OLE embedded files and visio diagrams too.

Moreover, when the smart art is imported and converted to a static image, all the images for RTF show up at the beginning of the module and not where its supposed to be in the section it is used in. The Section number associated with each of the images is correct, its the location of the image in the module.  For docx, images show up where they are supposed to, but this isn't the case for RTF.  I have an Artifact Type called graphic and it seems to understand that for the imported image to assign this Artifact type to the static picture too.

One answer

permanent link
Michael Sweger (131) | answered Apr 24, 3:17 p.m.

Note: In DOORS Classic imported smart art also converted to a static image, but the image stayed in the proper location for both RTF and word.  Even DOORS Classic didn't have a way to prevent smart art or visio conversion to a static image. Hence, one would have tot reconstruct the smart art image again upon export to word vs. just editing it and making the small change vs. one from scratch for each image.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.